Skincare Routine/ Winter Moisturizers

Posted on

Hey lovely's! Today I am bringing you my Winter Skincare Routine. As the cold winter months begin to approach, there's something that we should be taking good care of; our skin. Cold weather can very easily dry out our skin creating dry patches and removing our skins natural elasticity. About a couple of weeks ago I took a trip to Sephora because I was in need of some moisturizers. After walking endlessly around the store trying to decide which moisturizer was right for me, I opted for the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion. This lotion is for very dry skin and can also be used by people who are oily in the T-zone (me!). This lotion also claims to provide all day hydration, leaves skin silky soft, springy, and radiant. (For my ladies with very oily skin, Clinique does offer the same type of moisturizer but in a gel like form for oily skin. Check it out here.) After my first use of the Clinique moisturizer I wasn't a fan. Although my skin gets dry in the winter, it doesn't get completely dry. The Clinique moisturizing lotion does what it says. It moisturized my skin so much to the point where my skin got extra oily! (Is that even possible?!) Sometimes after I wash my face in the morning I get the tight dry feeling that I absolutely can't stand. The Clinique DDML, got rid of that completely for me. The only thing that I didn't really like was the fact that it made my skin very oily and greasy looking. So, ladies if you have VERY dry skin you will love this! I gave it to my mom who has very dry skin as well and she absolutely loves it. 

I decided to visit Sephora again. This time I didn't spend two hours in the store (lol!). I purchased the Sephora Intensive Instant Moisturizer. This moisturizer does the following: hydrates and nourishes skin for 24 hours, perfect for dry AND sensitive skin (this sold me! my skin is extremely sensitive), helps prevent the first signs of aging while smoothing and refining skins texture. Light reflecting pigments even skin tone to illuminate the complexion while antioxidants protect against environmental aggressors (winter lol) to keep skin looking beautiful! I absolutely love this moisturizer. It's not too heavy, but also not too light. I apply it in the morning after I was my face and at night as well. I haven't spotted a single dry patch and my skin hasn't been crazy oily since I've been using it. Not to mention that it smells absolutely amazing! 




Skincare Routine: 



My current skincare routine includes one of my favorite cleansers, and my all time favorite skin brushes! You can get the cleanser pretty much anywhere (Target, Walmart, CVS) and the face brush here. They have a variety of colors as well. Adding a face brush to my skin routine has improved my skin so much. I rarely ever get any breakouts, my acne scars have faded greatly and my skin just  looks radiant and wonderful! Trust me, you'll love this. For a long time I wanted the Clarasonic face brush. But as a college student, I simply didn't want to invest in something that expensive. Coming across the Spin For Perfect Skin Brush was the best thing that ever happened to my skin. It's only $30! And it does the damn thing. 

**This post is not sponsored. All the products listed in this post was bought with my own money. These are all my honest and true opinions! :)**

2 comments

  1. Photography on fleek! Just got my brush (thanks to you) and I'm excited to try it :)

    ReplyDelete